Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tough Day

With today being a fairly cloudy and cooler day, I decided to get out onto the track at my new place of employment: Watertown-Mayer High School. As the workout of mile repeats went along, the humidity in the air increased greatly and I was ridiculously soaked after only 3 repeats. I hit the times I was aiming for each time but by the time the third one was done, I was on the edging of passing out and puking at the same time (not a good feeling). I called it a day at that point.

Fortunately, this has been one of the few workouts over the last week and a half that has not gone well. On Saturday morning (an amazing morning for a run), I got up early and ran the Twin Cities Marathon course from mile 16.5 to the finish line and back. It went extremely well and was my longest training run so far. My legs recovered really quickly and I really felt great afterwards. I'm planning to run the City of Lakes 25K on Sunday, September 7th as a final prep race for the marathon and then will hopefully get a 20-22 mile run in sometime the following weekend before the tapering begins!!

Only 38.5 days until Twin Cities Marathon 2008!!

No comments: