Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting Back at It

It's been almost 2 years since I posted to this blog and fortunately, Blogger hasn't cancelled my account for inactivity. With so many other friends getting on the blog/training blog bandwagon, I couldn't resist getting back into it. A lot has happened in the nearly 2 years I've been away from this thing (I won't get into all of that now, but it'll all come as I post). The major things is I have a "new" teaching and coaching job at Wayzata High School in Plymouth, MN and that I have now been married for 1 and a half years (perhaps you can understand why I've been away from this so long...I've been busy!).

Anyway, my goal in returning to this is to keep you all up-to-date on my training, coaching, and life in general. My goals this year, 2012, are centered around preparation for my 13th career marathon, which will be the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 7th. It will be my first attempt at Chicago and my first marathon since the 2011 B.A.A. Boston Marathon (an 18 month layoff between marathons). In leading up to that race (still 6 months away), I will be running a handful of races that I will post about and I will also post about my training as I prepare for each race. I will also keep you informed about the Gear West Racing Team, the team I compete for and oversee during the racing season.

I look forward to getting back into blogging and going back and forth with many of you about workouts, running, and life in general!

No comments: